Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took my SSR in yesterday for a simple fix and like most people it was a nightmare for me.They fixed one problem created another then said it wasn't there problem!That i should feel lucky they fixed the first issue.So i had to take it back to show light Tech to fix all they did was unplug the wire harness but they were so scared to look into it it was like sorry but thats your problem.Then they called me said GM Rep will be here for awhile to bring my truck in for a couple issues ive been fighting for 7months window scratching little indentation on rear fiberglass panel where the supports are.Well after 7months having to chg my sweet personality to a complete *** **** they said ok we will fix if you want so now i have to deceide if i want them to as they say break the factory paint well not deceide thinking about the issues also they took pics of the scratched window to send back to GM but said nothing about the fix yet damm damm!So i told them about this site they don't know about supposeldy but with everyones help and input all the time hey we know more faster then the Dealers are getting it.Like i told them i have bought 4 cars in the last three yrs that should make me like a Gold Member lol so anyway what is everyone else expericing with there Freindly Service Depts.Had to bite my toungue on what i really wanted to say about this matter and the Service Then i told them we all no we took a 15,000 drop so why buy the 2005 wait 6 months they will also be down to 30K,s what a sad day for us SSR Lovers when we have to fight for putting our Trust in our Local Dealer the last time for me.I will buy out of town from now on just blowing off some steam. :rant

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
The service folks I was dealing with in Tulare CA were rather inept with regards to the SSR too. I STOPPED going to them when they wanted to charge me 300+ to install the gauge package. (They DID replace the thermal underhood cover that THEY ripped with the prop rod - but only after I pointed out that THEY had ripped it - so IF they DIDN'T tell me thay screwed that up - I'm sure they wouldn't tell me if they really messed something up.) Crooks...

I still feel that GM should have it (gauge package) installed like the other 'dealer installed' options - since it was a option when I ordered the truck. gauge package was delayed - and now they want bucks to install.

Now I'm reluctant to take it in for a slow leak in a tire - or even for a oil change. I've been looking at other dealerships - but they all seem to not have much SSR knowledge. I knew buying a speciality vehicle would be tough - but come on GM...

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
The service department at the local Chevy dealership in Shingle Springs, CA was a complete joke when it comes to customer service and training with respect to the SSR. The service manager in charge of the service department was let go after about two months of my SSR ownership and I thought things would get better. Nope. They continued to not fix and not even attempt to fix things until the regional rep would "drop by" to look at my SSR (again). The regional rep would never "drop by" because he was too busy. I tried calling GM's customer service line to get some assistance for the local service department and that failed as well. After three months, 13 service visits and four major problems still unresolved (with several minor ones as well), I had to get rid of the SSR. Not my first choice but my daily driver cannot be in the shop constantly to get absolutely nothing resolved.

The service department attitude that they're doing you a favor by even investigating your problems really bites my rear. Then to claim no problem found (due to the fact they have no clue) even after I demonstrate the problem with the tech in the SSR. :banghead Or even better to claim they have fixed the problem, to only find out the problem still exists when I drove the SSR off of the lot.

They kept writing service repair orders with old dates and old odometer miles on them to make it look like my SSR was not in as often as it was in for repairs. I insisted they stop that practice yet they continued to do it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Same...Same

Service departments everywhere are very inept at servicing an SSR! My gage package was supposedly installed at the dealer.....ugh! I accidently bumped it and it fell off the console! They never even installed the bracket! All they did was cut the carpet to get the connector out and wedged it between the console and the ash tray! So I went back to the dealership and demanded the bracket and installed it myself! They said,"well, there's two different ways to install the gauge package." Yeh right! Like there's two ways to install an engine, you can either bolt it in or just set it in! Just like the replacement gauge cluster I needed. When it came in it was for a 2005 as it redlined at 6500. I said this is not the right one as mine redlines at 5500. They said yes, I said no and back and forth we went until they caled the supplier and found out that it was the wrong one! Needless to say I installed it myself! I LOVE MY SSR, so I see it as a labor of love. They see dollar signs! Sorry, also just venting!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Find someone special

Experience tells me the thing to do is find a person in a dealership that is really interested in the SSr. With both our Typhoon and the SSr found that this strategy works very well. You make sure that they are the ONLY person to touch your vehicle and then be sure that they understand your appreciation. They may not always get it right the first time but at least it will not just be another work order either!

:party

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have a redline red SSR and I'm new to the forum.I just ordered a console gauge package and I thought it was a good deal $282.00 are there any tricks to the install?
Iv'e had this truck since Jan. 2004 and I'm having a good time with it.I had a few problems with the dealer in Annapolid Md. but after the cussing was done things got better.
Iv'e done a few things to it myself and don't really like sending it to the shop.
I did take it to an exhaust shop to have a magnaflow cat back system installed.What a big difference that made in low to mid range torque! I plan to install a set of longtube headers as soon as they come in.
I had trouble finding a power tuner,I went thru hypertech and superchips before finding Crane Cams unit which does a very nice job.To round out the tinkering, I installed a set of Comp Cams 1.85 roller tip rockers with new hardened push rods.
I'll tell you,this thing is a new animal and I can't wait until I get My stainless headers.
Anyone out there doing any cool mods?

·
Registered
371 Posts
No Tricks

53wanab said:
I have a redline red SSR and I'm new to the forum.I just ordered a console gauge package and I thought it was a good deal $282.00 are there any tricks to the install?
Iv'e had this truck since Jan. 2004 and I'm having a good time with it.I had a few problems with the dealer in Annapolid Md. but after the cussing was done things got better.
Iv'e done a few things to it myself and don't really like sending it to the shop.
I did take it to an exhaust shop to have a magnaflow cat back system installed.What a big difference that made in low to mid range torque! I plan to install a set of longtube headers as soon as they come in.
I had trouble finding a power tuner,I went thru hypertech and superchips before finding Crane Cams unit which does a very nice job.To round out the tinkering, I installed a set of Comp Cams 1.85 roller tip rockers with new hardened push rods.
I'll tell you,this thing is a new animal and I can't wait until I get My stainless headers.
Anyone out there doing any cool mods?
Wanab...there are no tricks to the install. It is very straight forward and simple. You may have to ask your dealer for instructions as the gage package does not come with any. They will have to get them off line as they also do not have any repair or install manuals either! (new vehicle). Basically all you have to do is cut the carpet opening, remove padding and insulation, find connector cable, install bracket and adjust for proper gage package fit.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
In regards to the installation of the gauges, I believe there were several posts on this early on so just do a search for threads on that topic. There were photos of how to install the bracket, cut the carpet, etc.

I went to every dealership in town for service since I purchased mine for sticker out of town. Every dealership broke something or misdiagnosed my problems except for priority chevrolet in Chesapeake, VA. Now their mechanic is the only one who can touch my SSR. I also have a very good tech in their body shop who is the only one who does that for me. Keep looking and find a reputable and experienced tech. They are out there.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good Service

Hey, I hate to break the string but I took mine in twice to a small Dealer north of Sacramento, CA (Yuba City) and both visits have been great on the repairs. They did scratch one of my rims on the second visit but replaced it with out any problem. :yesnod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts