Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new, so sorry for the dumb questions. I just bought a 2003 SSR, and want to buy Zaino products. Does this car have "regular paint" or "clear coat"? thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just as a follow-on....

You will probably want to use Z-5 at first to cover any swirl marks etc. Don't jump right to Z-2. And make sure you get ZFX, makes things much simpler and quicker.

Speaking of...not to hijack this, but has anyone used the Z-PC yet? Seems like the ticket for getting neglected paint back in shape, but haven't really seen much about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Zaino Products

Consider using a Clay bar before the Z5. Zaino does have a complete kit with eveything you need. Have fun. The results are well worth it.:cool

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
If Don doesn't reply, you can order directly from the Zaino website - very quick shipping. I would recommend ordering an extra detailer and a couple of extra pads. The soap will last forever. Works great in a spray bottle, both for washing and for claybar use.

Ray

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Welll I followed Flash's advice and found this little gift on my doorstep this afternoon;

Do you think I went a little overboard? Oh what the heck, we have 3 cars and numerous toys.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Focks said:
Welll I followed Flash's advice and found this little gift on my doorstep this afternoon;

Do you think I went a little overboard? Oh what the heck, we have 3 cars and numerous toys.

No you did not go overboard. I have three black cars and I've always used the exact same kit. It cannot be beat in my book.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Once you use the clay bar the finish will feel so smooth. Make sure you clay bar your vehicle first. I've been using clay bars before I even knew about Zaino years ago.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
More Info

I've never used this product. If I decide to for the first time. What items should I order? I don't realy want the whole kit to start out with. I understand that you have to use the clay bar first. What's the next step?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
I've never used this product. If I decide to for the first time. What items should I order? I don't realy want the whole kit to start out with. I understand that you have to use the clay bar first. What's the next step?
I 've only ever purchased the whole kit. But here is there site that can tell you what you need and what you may be able to do without.

http://www.zainostore.com/

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
The tires stuff you could possible do with out for a while.

:) I think the whole kit cost me 60$ and you will use it all and love it!!!:) You won't have to use each product every time but why would you go to all the trouble to Clay bar it and then not put the Polish on it! The leather products are wonderful. The show and shine is the best for cleaning up before a show. And smells good too!

I am thinking I need that new product for the swirls!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
clay, then use z5 for a few coats, then z2. you'll need zfx to mix with the z5 and z2. finally get the z6 quick spray.

their leather and tire stuff is good but not necessary...

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
wildcat66 said:
That leather stuff makes me itchy!! !:)
Wildcat, if you would wear clothes it wouldn't bother your delicate skin so much. :lol

I went by our carwash (shameful plug) Cool Water AutoSpa this morning, and they have informed me that in the near future they are going to be using Zaino products for their detail shop. I don't know if they are talking about using the CLAY BAR, too, but they are going to be switching.

I will talk to them some more to find out, might have to have a Dallas rally there.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Suggest you pm zainossr - Don is a dealer and has always been very honest about what you'll need. He's talked me out of buying some the stuff on numerous occasions.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I don't know how often Don (zainossr ) is on! His last date was 1-11 I can email him to let him know there are questions and he can pop on! Don't want to give out his email without permission

1 - 20 of 24 Posts